Search This Blog

Celebrity Blogger

Thursday, March 18, 2010

SLIM DOWN SECRETS ( Kimora Lee Simmon)

Showing off her fabulous physique only nine months after giving birth to Kenzo Lee ( her son with Dijimon Hounsou), Kim is happier than ever. I feel like I've grown up, the statuesque mom of three,34 said. As she prepares for a new season of KIMORA LIFE IN FAB LANE, Starting march 21 at 9pm on the style Network.

How much weight have you lost?
About 40 to 50 punds, but I really go by how things fit. I am still working on my body. It's work in progress but i think it's not ( not just about weight). It's about peace of mine, healthiness and happy living.

What's your secret?
I try to eat well and work out regularly. I'm trying to do more cardio.

What's your splurge? The one thing you can't live without?
I have a sweet tooth...last night I had to take the whole famlily out to get chocolate-covered pretzels. Or maybe its a junk food tooth because I like chips.

How often are you working out?
I got up this morning and went on the treadmill for 30 minutes and I'm working out this evening as well. I hate working out in general. I hate it! It's all very hard for me to do. I have so many kids and like,25 jobs and it's a lot for me to find time. I am on kind of a model mom-mogul workout.

But I bet you look chic working out!
I am not the girl who wears the way over sized stuff to the gym. I like the little leggings and a T-shirt, I like to see what I am working with while I am on the treadmill or doing whatever. I usually wear something that's coordinated and cute and fun, makes me feel good too.

Speaking of cute clothes.. you just launched a new clothing colletion.
Yes, Kouture by Kimora is very cute. It will be in Macy's ( Exclusively) in the spring it's definitely recession proof shopping. A little cocktail dress is like 40 bucks! It's very fashion forward, girly, almost a little rock n roll. I also have new fragrance called DARE Me coming out in spring.

What inspired your new clothing line?
I think it's really about the economy, the environment that young people are shopping in. You want to give them great looks and great clothes, and the oppurtunity to change their look, but they should be able to pay their bills too. The time of the $2,000 dress is long gone.

Any secrets you can share about coming up on your show?
We just aired a baby special with liteel Kenzo. And the regular season starts March 21. Obviously, life with new baby is totally crazy. My girls ( Ming Lee and Aoki Lee) are 10 and 7. so having a 9 month old makes it a little different.

This is your first baby boy. How is that different from having two girls?
Two very girly girls. He wants to crash things and bash things. Boys are difinitely rougher and more aggressive

How has Dijimon been with the baby? This is his first child.
 He is totally amazing. It's really changed his life. Seeing him change a diapers and get up in the middle of the night..he's very nervous.

So what's next for you? Another baby after Kenzo?
Difinitely. We practice all the time, and it's a lot of fun. I difinitely can see myself having more. I know Dijimon wants more. I would love to have another little boy.

When you had your baby, you said, you wanted to enjoy motherhood and not stress over being perfect.
 I and not the super Hollywood mom. We're up in the middle of the night, and I am very tried. I feel like you take your time and do your work and slowly get back into things. You dont have to be overly neurotic. you can enjoy your life.


THE SKINNY FROM KIMORA'S TRAINER:

Dont Skimp on the Protein
Make lean choices, Like chicken breast,turkey and fish. fitness and wellness expert Andrea Orbeck, who trains KIMORA.

Fill up on fiber
Eating fruits, vergetables and whole grain rich in fiber is a great way to keep the digestive system healthy. fiber also cleanses. Keeps you feeling full and reduces water retention.


Bridges For The Butt
Lie on your back with kness bent,Contract the ab, Buttock and pelvic muscles, raise hips off the floor. Hold for 20 secondsm then relax down slowly. Do 20 reps for 3 sets. Kimora does it with an 8 pound weight across her hips.


Crunch Time
Reverse crunches target the lower abs. With hands and head on floor, press our palms down, draw your kness into your chest and slowly lower heels to the ground. Repeat 20 reps for 3 sets, Kimora really makes her abs work by holding a machine ball between her legs.


Go for great Guns
For biceps, stand straight and curl 8 pounds dumbells. Switch to triceps bend forward as if bowing, Extend arm straight behind you., then bend it back into position. alternate between biceps and triceps for 3 sets of 20 reps.


Red Carpet Cardio
On a Cardio machine, Walk or run for 2 minutes at a 2 percent incline at 35 mph, then do 3 minutes at an 8 to 10 percent incline at 3.5mph. Six seat and you have 30 butt lifting heart pumping fat burning minutes.
Fill up on fiber
 

1 comment:

rena said...

I love to lost weight too!